Ready to get started with your free inspection? We'll be on site within 1-2 business days.
Trouble with storm damage, maintenance or leaks? Request a free inspection and a friendly, knowledgeable technician will be on site within 1-2 business days.
If you're looking for an inspection as part of the real estate process, we've got you covered. Make sure to ask about our signature two year certification warranty.
Let Roof Doctors take the risk of climbing on the roof for you, while adding value to your service with our signature free roof inspection and roof report.
Serving Northern California Since 1987
“No other Roofing Company in Northern California Inspects, Repairs and Certifies More Roofs; or, Solves More Roof Leak Problems”
Roof Repair Estimates, Inspections & Reports
WHAT IS A COMPLIMENTARY ROOF INSPECTION & ROOF REPORT?
Roofing contractors will typically charge their customers $100 or more for a Roof Inspection and the issuance of the Roof Report. However, roof inspections and reports performed by us are completed at no charge and are usually issued within 1 to 2 business days after request. Roof reports are conveniently emailed within 24 hours of the inspection. In fact, we provide inspections and repairs on more homes in Northern California than any other roofing company.
WHEN WILL I NEED AN INSPECTION?
- Purchasing a home as part of the buyer inspection process
- When a seller is listing a property to be made aware of a roof problem that could affect their transaction
- When a roof certification is required by a lender as a condition of loan funding
- When a roof certification is required by a home owner insurance policy
- When a roof certification is required by a buyer, before closing on a property that they are purchasing, to make sure that the roof isn’t going to be a problem after they move into the home.
WHAT IS A ROOF REPAIR ESTIMATE?
A Roof Repair Estimate is exactly that – an estimate to perform specific repairs or even install a new roof. A roof repair estimate is usually required when a roof is leaking during the rainy season and immediate services are needed to stop the leak, or when roof maintenance is needed to prevent a future leak.
This is typically a written document indicating the location, source and cause of the leak, as well as an estimate for the required repairs.
WHAT IS A COMPLIMENTARY ROOF INSPECTION?
A roof inspection is a service performed by a professional roofing company to determine the current condition of the roof. After this is performed, a detailed report is provided, describing any current conditions that need to be corrected as well as recommended preventative maintenance. This report will generally outline different options, including cleaning, maintenance, simple or major repairs, and restoration. It may even recommend that a complete roof replacement is necessary.
The Roof Report will contain an estimate to repair current damage to the roof, preventative maintenance to prevent future damage to the roof, and an offer for a Roof Certification Leak Warranty that will warranty that the entire roof is free from leakage for the next 2 years.
WHAT EXACTLY IS INCLUDED IN A ROOF REPORT?
A Roof Report is a written report, that is issued by an individual or by a company that is a licensed roofing contractor, after a Roof Inspection has been completed on the roof of a home. The Roof Report provides a detailed description of any current roofing conditions that need to be corrected and any preventative maintenance to prevent a future roof problem from occurring. The Roof Report will provide options, from roof cleaning, roof maintenance, simple roof repairs, major roof repairs, roof restoration, or it may even recommend that a complete roof replacement is necessary.
WHAT ITEMS ARE NOTED IN A ROOF REPORT?
In many cases, a Roof Certification is required as a condition by the Buyer, the Lender, or the Homeowner Insurance Company before a real estate transaction can be completed. A Roof Inspection produces the Roof Report, which contains a description of what roof conditions need to be corrected before the Roof Certification can be issued. Typically, a Roof Report will contain a description of conditions that were observed and discovered during the Roof Inspection. Some of the notable items described in a Roof Report are as follows:
- Number of Roof Layers
- Pitch of the Roof
- Roof Type
- Estimated Age of the Roof
- Estimated Remaining Years of Life Expectancy of the Roof
- Any Noticeable Leaks
- Color of the Roofing Material
- Certifiable Condition of the Roof
- Duration of any Required Certification
- Any Findings of Current Problems or Conditions That Could Pose Future Roof Problems
- Recommendations to Correct Current Problems and to Prevent Future Problems
- Exclusions from Certification
COMPLIMENTARY ROOF INSPECTION AND ROOF REPORT
(yes, they really are complimentary)
Complimentary Roof Inspections – Buying and selling a home can be expensive as well as repairing leaks. Why waste extra money on the inspection before even deciding if you want to have the work completed? At ROOF DOCTORS, we don’t feel that it is good business practice to charge an inspection fee for a Roof Inspection and a Roof Report. The cost for a ROOF DOCTOR’s Roof Inspection and Roof Report is no charge. There are no gimmicks and no games.
A ROOF DOCTOR’s Roof Inspection and Roof Report will describe the condition of the roof and any repairs that may be necessary to satisfy the requirement for a Roof Certification that may be needed to complete a real estate transaction.
HOW TO OBTAIN A COMPLIMENTARY ROOF REPORT
Ordering a COMPLIMENTARY Roof Report is easy. Simply contact ROOF DOCTORS via our website, telephone or email and request our COMPLIMENTARY Roof Inspection. Once our COMPLIMENTARY Roof Inspection has been completed, a COMPLIMENTARY Roof Report is issued which describes any current roof conditions that need immediate corrective action, and any current roof conditions that will lead to future roof problems if not immediately corrected.
This Roof Report will set forth any conditions that need to be corrected before we can issue our No-Dollar Limitation Roof Certification Leak Warranty. Simply sign the estimate for repairs on the Roof Report, authorizing any necessary repairs to be completed, and return it to us via email or FAX. Once we have received the signed authorization we can immediately issue our No-Dollar Limitation Roof Certification Leak Warranty, in order not to hold up the loan or real estate transaction, and the repairs are then scheduled for completion.
Ready to Get Started?
REPORTS: HOME INSPECTION VS ROOF INSPECTION
When a Home Inspector performs an inspection, they usually examine several different components, including your roofing system and covering. During this examination, the inspector will observe the condition of the following:
- Visible roofing materials
- Visible portions of roof flashings, roof soffitts and fascia
- Visible roof vents, skylights, chimneys and roof penetrations
- Other accessories visible from the exterior.
A Home Inspector typically does NOT perform the following:
- Warrant or certify that roof systems, coverings, or components are free from leakage
- Predict roof service life expectancy
- Walk on steep pitched roof surfaces
- Warrant or certify roofs; confirm proper fastening
- Determine manufacturer’s defects, exceptions, installation methods or recalls
- Determine the number of roofing layers
- Provide roof repair estimates for any roofing problems that they have found and noted in their Home Inspection Report.